05 August 2005

correspondence from montreal

my inbox continues to be full of surprises... see below.

from: "the yenta"
date: 3 Aug 13:16 (EDT)
to: "evil"
subject: hair

the other night in a state of complete normalcy (neither in a furious rage, nor clouded by drunkeness), i took a pair of toenail scissors to my head...don't worry it's not all gone. i am g.i. yenta with... a rat's tail.

some reactions:

my sister: "your rat's tail is making me nauseous"

my friend: "good thing hats come in so many shapes and sizes"

my friend making a sex and the city reference: "hey now you can be one of those big earring women"

another friend: "there is a reason that mozart didn't play guitar yenta...he was such a beautiful pianist."

yet another friend on introducing me to his friends: "this is my friend yenta. she used to be beautiful but now she's a ten year old boy."

his friend in response, "i thought the mullet was coming back as ironic cool but I didn't realize the tail was too."

still another friend: "why would someone so pretty go to such an extent to make herself so ugly?"

my mother: "well if you're going to have short hair, you better take off some pounds. otherwise you'll just look silly."

luckily, i am tougher than steel and more celibate than a nun. also, i feel that i am allowed to wear even brighter colours of lipstick on a regular basis.

well i leave tomorrow (for brazil) and just wanted to say that i'll see all of you in september.
ciao
yenta

2 Comments:

Blogger Sweetness and Light said...

the yenta's rat tail
from marg atwood look-a-like
to hipster princess

10/8/05 8:35 pm  
Blogger Sweetness and Light said...

hey pooninderjit!
all you have left to do is
the tail... do the tail...

13/8/05 1:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home