27 November 2005

death by haiku

i was surprised to find the following entry from my sexblog friends in the u.k.... "to blog or not?" the entry read. seems they may be having a similar internal battle as i have the past few weeks. several of you may have noticed that my entries have started to dwindle. this began over the summer and has continued over the fall. the intent of this blog was to provide a means to release the lonliness of my first ottawa winter and to provide me with a sense of community with my friends in vancouver who i was missing alot at the time.
however, the context seems to have changed. i'm actually quite busy and am making the best of my ottawa time and my studies at b-list canadian university. i now know a shitload of cool people here in town and my vansterdam peeps (while missed) aren't the life-line they used to be. moreover, i've spent the last several days in montreal in the company of an awesome new boy and am starting to think that the solitary act of blogging may be something more conducive to bored, lonely evil, rather than happy, gobsmacked evil. not to mention that the process of online diarization can be so ego-driven at times...
so bear with me dear readers (if in fact i have any left)... i may slowly start to phase out the old royal canadian haiku factory or reinvent it in some other incarnation. stay tuned.

6 Comments:

Blogger Graham said...

re: awesome new boy, weekend in mtl: this is wonderful news.

28/11/05 8:36 am  
Blogger Sweetness and Light said...

the loss of the puss
was too much for me to bear;
i must find new ways....

28/11/05 12:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my adoring fans
away but not forgotten
re-invention looms

28/11/05 1:08 pm  
Blogger Sweetness and Light said...

silence is deaf'ning
where have you gone, pussy-puss?
may come to find you...

28/11/05 1:24 pm  
Blogger Sweetness and Light said...

home for holidays!
back to van 'round christmas eve
new years party... where?

29/11/05 12:34 pm  
Blogger Sweetness and Light said...

it seems to be true;
evil and heritage con
will *do* vancouver...

29/11/05 12:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home